The School of Social Work at the University of Haifa was established in 1966 and has since grown to offer a variety of academic degrees and specializations. It is part of the Faculty of Social Welfare and Health Sciences since 1995 and is the largest department in this faculty. The school has over 1,000 students in its BA, MA and PhD programs, and promotes many research initiatives and field projects.
| Head of the School of Social Work
Prof. Faisal Azaiza
School Address and Contact Information
Eshkol Tower, 5th floor
The University of Haifa
Mt. Carmel 31905
Goals and Guiding Principles
* To train dedicated social workers ready to face the challenges of this vital profession.
* To provide students with basic and advanced theoretical and practical knowledge.
* To encourage the integration of academic research with clinical practice.
* Commitment to community involvement by students, faculty and staff.
* Encouraging diversity and culturally sensitive practice.
* Collaboration with organizations in the field and with other academic institutions to provide the best learning experience to our students.